Ana Sayfa | Yaz?lar? takip   et | Yorumlar?   et

Archive

1000 mbps port dedicated server

4 Ocak 2011 Salı

Okay, so I’m upgrading my dedicated server for a small game I host, a private server of course.

Right now these are my specs:

Memory 2 GB DDR2 667
Processor Single Processor Quad Core Opteron 1354 – 2.20GHz – 2 x 1MB cache
Operating System Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 with R2 (64 bit)
VPN Management – Private Network SSL VPN Management
Uplink Port Speed 1000 Mbps Public & Private Networks

I asked my host how much of the 1000mbps power I get, and they replied I only get around 80% of that speed.

Okay so I wanna upgrade! I hate my host they’re so overpriced.

So I found this host here are the specs:

Dual Intel Xeon 3.06Ghz CPUs
4GB RAM, 160 GB SATA Drive
Unlimited Bandwidth [100MBit Port]

Okay the 100mbit port throws me off because my other host is 800mbps (80%). Which host would be better and no lag for my game? Currently I have no lag except when I reach around 440 players my server starts to lag I’m guessing it is the dedicated server or the port speed I do not know… but I need to upgrade!

So which dedicated server should I get and what is the differences between the two internet port speeds, 100mbit and 800mbps, which is faster?



Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Blogger Theme By:GosuBlogger and Araba Modelleri .