Ana Sayfa | Yaz?lar? takip   et | Yorumlar?   et

Archive

system administrator spam

4 Ocak 2011 Salı

"Undeliverable" Messages From "System Administrator" - Just Spam?

Hello,

I've been receiving lots of message for the past several days in my Outlook
2003/Exchange mailbox, ostensibly from "System Administrator," with a return
postmark icon instead of the usual envelope icon, and with a subject
beginning with "Undeliverable." Since Outlook considers this a "Report" and
not a "Message," I cannot check the headers to see if this is legitimately
from Exchange.

Also, I've been receiving many other returned e-mails from outside my network.

Please note that in both cases the subjects would imply that the original
e-mail was spam and not something I'd intended to send out.

What I'd like to determine is (1) are these messages/reports from my System
Administrator legitimate or are they spoofed?, and (2) is some worm or
malware sending out spam from within my SBS 2003 network, or is some spammer
out there using an address from my domain as their "From"?

Hopefully these questions are not out of the scope of this newsgroup.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
--
Jim Angiello
Steadfast Builders, Inc.


Labels:

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Blogger Theme By:GosuBlogger and Araba Modelleri .